Working on a joint FM doc

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 21 11:25:19 PST 2014

Inserting a cross reference only affects the target file if there is no
cross reference marker at the target location. If one already exists there,
the process of cross referencing will use the one that already exists rather
than creating a new one. This means you can use an "unlocked" (i.e. dummy)
version of a file as a target doc in that case.

Fixing the broken xrefs is not too difficult either, but would require
"write" access to both document, so you'd have to check them out "locked".

Craig