Compatibility of old(ish) Software with Windows 7

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Sat Feb 22 11:04:12 PST 2014

I typically have 10-15 applications running and if I come close to
using 4GB it's a sign that one of my apps (usually Firefox) has a
memory leak. As I noted earlier, I ran 64-bit Windows at work for a
year and a half and performance was indistinguishable from my 32-bit
system at home, and at work I preferred the 32-bit version of
Photoshop since the 64-bit version took so long to load.

If people experience performance bottlenecks on a PC with 4GB of RAM
and 32-bit Windows when not performing resource-intensive tasks such
as editing video, it's due to unnecessary bloatware, cycle-hogging
utilities such as Bitdefender, software with memory leaks, or malware.