Fastest way to find an element in an EDD

Ian Proudfoot ian.proudfoot at itp-x.co.uk
Thu Feb 27 03:44:52 PST 2014

Hi Yves,

I have found the best way is to use the tools that FrameMaker provides. I generate an APL, that’s an Alphabetical List of Elements and Paragraphs. I include the Tag element and generate the file with hypertext links checked.

After that I change the layout of the generated file’s main flow so that it has perhaps 4 or 5 columns. Then lock the file to make the links active with just one click. This makes navigation around the EDD really simple.

Ian PROUDFOOT

Technical Director

ANTÉA

 <http://www.antea.fr/> www.antea.fr