FrameMaker 12 released

Simon BUCH simon.buch at m-ais.com
Wed Jan 15 02:39:21 PST 2014

I've taken a quick look at this new release.

a. There's still no right-to-left language support.

b. There's still the requirement for activation via internet, and the
help pages reference material on web pages.
This makes the product impractical for customers on military/corporate
grade networks with no internet access.

c. In Kapil VERMA's blog entry, there's a section about "Licensing options":
     'Furthermore, we are providing both perpetual and subscription
licensing options on all our products. We do realize that the licensing
needs of our customers vary and hence, we are offering both the options
for you. There is also special upgrade pricing available as well as
limited time promotional price for some customers. Please refer to the
product homepages for exact pricing information (links below).'

Really?