FrameMaker 12 released

Maxwell Hoffmann mhoffman at adobe.com
Wed Jan 15 20:29:23 PST 2014

Dr. Reng,

Thank you for bringing our product launch to the group's attention. Both the product manager, Kapil Verma, and I have submitted product announcements and webinar details to the list, but it appears that they aren't visible yet. (I am awaiting my confirmation email.)

For those who would like information on the 40% off promotion for FrameMaker 9 users, you may get full details at this website:
http://www.adobe.com/products/technicalcommunicationsuite/promotions.html
Please note that you can only take advantage of the 40% promotion from the webpage listed above.

Another alternative that may alleviate any frustrations with upgrade costs is to migrate to a FrameMaker 12 subscription. Although you commit to one year with this subscription, the monthly rate is only $29. Any updates (including major releases) automatically become available to you during your active subscription. In the long run, this is possibly the most economical choice. By the way, you may recall that with the last release (FrameMaker 11), only Tech Comm Suite 4 was available for subscription; not the point products.

I don't know if there has been discussion about FrameMaker XML Author 12 yet. This is a new product: a fully functional, end-to-end XML authoring solution that is fully compliant with DITA OT. It costs 40% of the price for a full perpetual FrameMaker 12 license and is only $19.99 per month for a year's subscription. Find out more at: http://www.adobe.com/products/framemakerxmlauthor.html

For those of you not yet familiar with the new product features, here are 3 new AdobeTV channels that give quick, mini video demos, and will quickly let you know about just a few of the areas with major improvements:

FrameMaker 12 Features: http://tv.adobe.com/show/framemaker-12-features
FrameMaker XML Author 12 Features: http://tv.adobe.com/show/framemaker-xml-author-12
FrameMaker Publishing Server 12 Features: http://tv.adobe.com/show/framemaker-publishing-server-12

Enjoy!