Saving back from FM v11 to FM v9

Karen Mann kmann at i-t-tech.com
Thu Jan 16 08:14:51 PST 2014

Thank you for responding. The files were in 8 different languages and the Russian files were all in question marks.

We had a situation where our SDL (translation software) version had to be put to a FM ver 7 mif (which does not recognize Unicode) because SDL did not recognize FM11 mif. A while ago SDL advanced to recognize FM 11 mif. I didn't know and one of the Framers informed me to save file to FM11 mif, open mif in FM ver9 and save to .fm. It worked! Caution...make sure you either distinctively name the different versions or put them in differently named folders/directories.

I would like to add, you have to delete the FM 11 book file and create a new book file in FM9, and always open the file from within the proper FM version.

Love our Framers...

Thanks everyone. Job done on time.

Karen Mann
kmann at i-t-tech.com<mailto:kmann at i-t-tech.com>