FrameMaker 12 released

Jim Owens jowens at storm.ca
Fri Jan 17 12:14:28 PST 2014

After years with the same company, I'm just starting to re-invent myself
as a contractor.  So far no one has asked for work in FrameMaker.  If
they did, I'd have to consider my options. A thousand bucks is a big outlay.

On the other hand, I'd probably want it for no more than a month or two,
so locking in for a year doesn't look appealing either.  And the point
about having something that is mine and just keeps working is
well-taken. So I would seriously consider an outright buy, high price
notwithstanding, over a rental for a much longer term than I'd need,
only to lose the investment.  (Why rent when you can buy, right?)

But given a choice, I'd just use other tools (OK, not Word). The book
model of help delivery seems to be on the wane, and DITA is maturing
nicely. . .