FrameMaker 12: e-publishing options

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 20 03:22:27 PST 2014

At 06:16 +0000 17/1/14, Maxwell Hoffmann wrote:

>Early Reviews for #Adobe Tech Comm Suite 5 and FrameMaker 12 from TechWhirl - <http://bit.ly/1cy87qc>http://bit.ly/1cy87qc

The thing that really caught my eye here was the ability to output to ePub and Kindle.

I would be *very* interested in any feedback that arises on how well this works. At present my clients subcontract Kindle work, at extra cost, and the results I've seen have been less than optimal. Were I able to offer e-publishing options for FrameMaker-developed books at low (or even zero) cost, it would justify the price of a 10->12 upgrade. The dream option would be to output to pre-press PDF and Kindle with zero extra work, but I expect it's more complex than that. (I know little or nothing about the Kindle format.)

Also, does this require the entire TCS suite, or can it be done from FrameMaker only?

--
Steve