OT: Adobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe Reader on same client

Reng, Dr. Winfried wreng at tycoint.com
Wed Jan 22 00:02:49 PST 2014

Hi,

I also follow Dov's advice not to install Adobe Reader
and Acrobat on the same PC. And I also recommend to
use a virtual machine, if you really think you need Adobe
Reader.

Syed, Dov warned not only in 2004 but also in the last years.
Therefore this is not related only to outdated software but
to our current versions. The latest comments are from 2011:
http://lists.frameusers.com/pipermail/framers/2011-February/022324.html
Admittedly this warning was not as strong as in the years before.

In previous e-mails Dov also recommended to test on an old
system with only few fonts and little "power". And do not forget
to test also other PDF viewers. And specifically also on Mac.

Best regards

Winfried