Now OT, I suppose. RE: Adobe pricing policies (was: FrameMaker 12 released)

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Wed Jan 22 11:43:43 PST 2014

> Also, at $400, I doubt if FrameMaker XML Author is going to be able to compete with other XML editors out there. The idea is fantastic, but the cost needs to be around $100-150 a seat.

A list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_XML_editors. Many licensed and free versions listed there.

I use Altova's XMLSpy Enterprise (for XML and WSDL development work, so it is not inexpensive), but they also have a simpler XML tool available called Authentic: http://www.altova.com/authentic.html.

Authentic is available: (a) free as a Community Edition, with some limitations, and (b) as an Enterprise version with more features for $59 including a support and maintenance package price of $14.75 for 1 year, and $23.60 for 2 years.

I do not know how well Authentic compares to Oxygen or Adobe XML Author, but the price is tough to beat - for either the Community or Enterprise versions! :)