Now OT, I suppose. RE: Adobe pricing policies (was: FrameMaker 12 released)

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 23 03:54:32 PST 2014

At 11:28 -0800 22/1/14, Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain at aeris.net) wrote:

>The unhappy ones are probably the small users - like myself - who helped FrameMaker become what it is and Adobe *clearly* does not care about us anymore. That is unlike the founders of Frame Technology who I met many years ago ... and the founders of Adobe too, I would hope!

Indeed: I suspect that the many small users such as myself (one seat since 1993) who have happily evangelized for FrameMaker, not through affection for Adobe, but simply because the tool is so damn *good*, do feel we are being shouldered out. FrameMaker has been the cornerstone of my professional life: I use InDesign, Acrobat, DreamWeaver and Illustrator too, but it would all have been impossible without FrameMaker, and over thirty published textbooks bear that out.

Surely one of the key principles of running a successful company is keeping faith with its customers, no matter how small?

--
Steve [the one wearing the 'FrameMaker for OS X' T-shirt at IPEX 2006]