Working around the absolute path problem

Fei Min Lorente FeiMin.Lorente at onsemi.com
Fri Jan 24 07:25:25 PST 2014

Hi folks:

We are using FrameMaker 10 on Windows 7. We have two repositories (as a result of an acquisition): one in CVS and one in SVN. We are currently working on a project where the code and one of the manuals (it's generated from the code source) are in the SVN repository, but my text insets and shared graphics are in CVS. We'd like to avoid having to copy the shared stuff over to SVN, but considering FrameMaker's reliance on absolute paths (well, even a relative path could be a problem), is there a way to use something like an environment variable to specify the path to the shared stuff in CVS? Or is the only solution to mandate where everyone checks out the shared CVS files so that the absolute path always works?

Fei Min Lorente
Senior Technical Communicator
Medical and Wireless Division
feimin.lorente at onsemi.com<mailto:feimin.lorente at onsemi.com>
+1 519-884-9696 ext. 2229 | Waterloo office
+1 519-831-4931 | mobile
+1 905-631-5724 | fax
www.onsemi.com<http://www.onsemi.com/>