Can't get to either the Paragraph Designer or Character Designer

David Downing david.h.downing at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 14:10:56 PST 2014

I was humming along very nicely with one of those tutorials until I hit a
major snag. I was supposd to do something with the paragraph designer, and
neither the tutorial nor the FM 12 User Guide was very clear on how to get
to it. I searched on my own, and found the menu option Format -> Paragraph
-> Designer, which looked like what I should select. So I selected it and
-- nothing happened. At least, nothing appeared that I could recognize as
the Paragraph Designer. The same thing happened with the character
designer. So either I'm making some kind of error or something's wrong with
my copy of FM. I hope it's my error and you can tell me how to correct it.