End-of-flow wildcard? [footnote to the Word/Frame/ligature story]

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 27 05:18:42 PST 2014

At 12:39 +0000 27/1/14, Steve Rickaby wrote:

>Running a global find/replace on 'fl' and 'fi' and replacing them with themselves, i.e. 'f' and 'l' or 'f'' and 'i' typed into the Replace box, fixes the issue: FrameMaker can find the ligatures and correctly replace them with the relevant two-character pair.

I lied: FrameMaker can't find the 'fl' if it is a ligature and 'f' 'l' are typed into the Find dialog.

However - and this is weirder - I have had both 'fl' as a ligature and 'fl' as separate characters *in the same paragraph* of an e-mail from the authors. (That was what caused my erroneous posting.)

I guess this is getting off the point, though, so I'll keep mum about it from now on.

--
Steve