UPDATE to CORRECTION: Section Number resets after closing file

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Thu Jul 3 11:43:39 PDT 2014

Okay, I have finally made the problem reproducible. (Sorry for
innundating the list with these emails, but I'm pretty panicky right
now because I've based an entire library of books and documents to
rely on using the Section number in a specific type of
cross-reference that I've defined.)

Opening/closing the files in a book have nothing to do with the
Section number resetting to 1. What resets the Section number to 1 is
updating the book. I've tested this now in all six books in this
series and updating the book consistently resets the Section number
to 1. It does NOT reset the Chapter or Volume numbering.

So, back to my original question. Can anyone else reproduce this
behavior? If so, I'll file a bug report. Or perhaps I'm totally
misunderstanding the role of the Section number; perhaps it is
dependent on something else?

Carol