FM12: Quirks in Find/replace using RegEx (Perl)

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 8 03:01:05 PDT 2014

Klaus and others

I admit that I have not been following this thread too closely, although I've had similar issues with EOLs in FrameMaker in the past.

However, where regexp work is concerned, there is an alternative, which might be practical if what's required is a batch on-off cleanup: work on the MIF and parse it with a stream editor. Users of FrameMaker on Unix and Mac have access to apps like sed: you would have to grok a bit of MIF grammar, but it offers a completely different approach to FrameMaker's native regexp find/replace.

Of course, you'd have to learn regexps all over again for sed :-(

--
Steve