Structured Framemaker

Heiko Haida info at heiko-haida.de
Tue Jul 15 12:32:56 PDT 2014

Hi Rebecca,

you have to tell FrameMaker to work with a "structapps.fm" in a location
different than the program folder.
The necessary command is in the "maker.ini" -- which itself is also in
the FM folder, unfortunately.

But you can overwrite this general "maker.ini" with commands in your own
"maker.ini"-file. FrameMaker uses a second file with your personal
settings which is placed here:

C:Users*Your User-Name*AppDataRoamingAdobeFrameMaker11

Put in your user name (or login name) and find the folder on your
harddrive. Probably the user section is on drive c: (it could be on any
other accessible drive).

Now, in this maker.ini there should already be a section [Directories].
If not, copy this section header with the square brackets into the file,
just before another section starts.

Add the following command:
StructureDir=*Your Directory*

*Your Directory* can be anywhere on your harddrive where you have the
right to change files.

First, you also have to put a copy of a "structapps.fm" file into this
directory, otherwise FM still refers to the default path.

Best regards - Tino H. Haida, Berlin

Frasure, Rebecca - APHIS: