FrameMaker to HTML

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Tue Jul 15 12:37:37 PDT 2014

To evaluate what's cheap, you need to look at total cost of ownership,
not just sticker price. Expensive professional authoring tools can be
a good investment if they make you more efficient.

I found ePublisher Pro a lot more flexible and easy to use than RoboHelp.

However, if your goal is merging authored content with javadoc and the
like, I'm not sure that FrameMaker can do that. You might want to take
a look at HelpStudio and Document!X.

If you're considering moving to DITA, you might be better off dumping
FrameMaker in favor of Oxygen XML or AuthorIt. ePublisher Pro at least
theoretically allows you to mix and match FrameMaker and DITA source,
so that might ease the transition.