Word Tables to Frame 12Tables

Winberg, Harold hwinberg at hobartsystems.com
Wed Jun 18 12:05:57 PDT 2014

We have 11 books and maybe 160 tables.

From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com [mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Fred Ridder
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:26 PM
To: Lin Sims; Robert Lauriston
Cc: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: Word Tables to Frame 12Tables

Yes, TableCleaner is absolutely indispensable when you're importing complete Word documents that contain tables into FrameMaker. I couldn't do without it.

But for bringing in a single table (which I believe was the original query), I'll stick with the convert-to-text-before-copying method. In my experience it is quicker to apply clean formatting to the cells of one table that was built from pasted plain text than to fix all the Word-ness of a table that was pulled in as a table even if you have a tool that does most of the work.

-Fred Ridder