Structured FrameMaker failure on startup

Alan Houser arh at groupwellesley.com
Thu Jun 19 08:25:45 PDT 2014

Hi All,

Windows 7 running on MacOS/Parallels; FM 11 and 12 fully patched.

I'm getting immediate failure of structured Framemaker 11 and 12 on
startup. ("Internal Error ... FrameMaker has detected a serious problem
and must quit").

The apps start fine in unstructured mode.

I've tried:
- Removing the user-specific ini files
($HOME/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/FrameMaker)
- Disable all third-party plugins
- Disable "LoadStartupScripts" setting in maker.ini

This happened suddenly; I don't know what might have triggered it.

Any ideas?

-Alan
--
Alan Houser