read only in Frame 6

Michael Wiesenberg qatframe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 15:42:36 PST 2014

What would cause one file in a book (FM6) to suddenly become read
only, and, more important, how do I change it back again to
modifiable? I can't save the file as anything modifiable. For any
other file in the book, the File menu presents a "Save as" option,
but not this one. When I look at the file's properties in Windows
Explorer, "Read-only" is not checked. The backup file is in the same
anomalous state. Windows Explorer shows no recovery or crash files.
Possibly related information: Recently I got a "FrameMaker must quit"
alert and FM died. The anomalous state of this one file occurred
sometime after that.