Conditional build expressions?

Scott Prentice sp10 at leximation.com
Mon Mar 10 11:27:23 PDT 2014

Hi...

This is a stretch .. but if anyone knows it'll be someone on this list.
I'm looking for information on the differences between the basic
functionality of the conditional build expressions in FM from FM8 to FM12.

 From the UI functionality perspective, it looks like FM8 and FM9 are
the same, then in FM10 a "label" was added so you could give your build
expression a name. FM10 and FM11 look the same, and in FM12 they added a
"()" button to allow for grouping.

The docs are woefully lacking on details.

Was the basic functionality and syntax the same from FM8 to FM11? Is the
"()" (grouping) feature actually new in FM12 or was that allowed
previously, but you just had to know to type it? I must admit that I've
never really used this feature, but would like to leverage it in a
plugin, so need to know which aspects are new and which have been there
since FM8.

Any tidbits of info are appreciated.

Thanks!

...scott