Reworking legacy FrameMaker graphics

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 06:27:14 PDT 2014

I am assuming that artwork created with FrameMaker's internal graphics editor is a closed book, i.e. cannot be extracted and reworked in an external application. If anyone knows differently, or has been through this sort of exercise, I'd be grateful to hear about it.

My primitive tests so far (copy-paste from FrameMaker 6 source to Illustrator on Mac) shows confusing results. For example, objects more or less keep their appearance, although some geometry is lost, but cannot be ungrouped for editing, while fills and text seem to be destroyed, although Illustrator correctly reports fonts.

By the time I have to address this issue for real, I may be working in FrameMaker 10 or 12 for (obviously) Windows.

--
Steve