I am still hunting for HunSpell dictionaries in FrameMaker11...

Jeff Coatsworth Jeff.Coatsworth at jonasclub.com
Wed Mar 12 10:41:37 PDT 2014

Have you checked out Arnis' post - http://forums.adobe.com/message/5802799#5802799

From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com [mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Simon BUCH
Sent: March-12-14 1:01 PM
To: 'Framers'
Subject: I am still hunting for HunSpell dictionaries in FrameMaker11...

Dear Framers,

I am on the hunt for learning how to integrate HunSpell dictionaries into FrameMaker 11, for languages such as Icelandic.

According to the FrameMaker 11 Upgrade Guide:
    http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/framemaker/pdf/FRAMEMAKER11_UPGRADE_GUIDE.PDF
"Hunspell dictionary" is available, as is "Configurable dictionary support".
I guess these "features" mean that Adobe provides the dictionaries, and you can select whether you want to want to use the HunSpell, or the Proximity version dictionaries.

I took a look at the InDesign help page:
    http://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/add_cs_dictionaries.html
and so I created my "is_IS" folder in:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Linguistics\6.2\Providers\Plugins2\AdobeHunspellPlugin\Dictionaries\
and in which I copied my "is_IS.aff" and "is_IS.dic" files.
I then added the "<string>is_IS</string>" text into the Spelling Service section of the Info.plist file.

Is there anything I'm missing?
or ... Does anyone know if it is possible to integrate new HunSpell dictionaries into FrameMaker11?

// Simon BUCH -- M-AIS