Reworking legacy FrameMaker graphics

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Wed Mar 12 12:01:53 PDT 2014

I have done that many times. The vectors and splines created are
sometimes a bit poorly connected but in general, they follow the correct
structure for postscript output.

I have also used this approach on a number of projects to fix MS Word
drawings. That is those that have been made using Word's drawing tools.
So, PDF it then open the page in Illustrator, delete all the rubbish and
fix up the bits that need it.

Alan

On 13/03/14 5:54 AM, Robert Lauriston wrote:
> I hope I never have to use it, but that's a very clever trick.
>
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 7:44 AM, Steve Rickaby
> <srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> Many thanks to Heiko Haida for the solution here: generate PDFs of the graphics, which are (somewhat amazingly) then completely editable in Illustrator.

Dr Alan Litchfield
AlphaByte
PO Box 1941
Auckland, New Zealand 1140