Having problems with importing an EPS file into FrameMaker ...

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Wed Mar 12 12:58:08 PDT 2014

Hi, Craig.

Yup, I agree with your observation, and do understand the oft-stated "requirement" to use PDF output and then print from it. :)

It is just that I was not expecting the poor quality when I printed directly from FrameMaker to the printer I had access to at the time (I was at home) to see what the logo looked like.

I had assumed that the EPS would be rasterized (at the resolution of the specified print quality) when printing to a non-PostScript printer. Like other programs do with vector images (Visio and Autocad are examples, but there are plenty of others), including how native drawing objects within FrameMaker are output.

Although I have many years of experience using FrameMaker, this was the first time I included an EPS image into a document - normally, I just use FrameMaker's graphics tools, Visio graphics, and/or bit-map PNG files (for things like logos), etc. Learning experience for me, I guess ...