adjusting an underline (underscore)

Ken Poshedly poshedly at bellsouth.net
Fri May 2 05:34:13 PDT 2014

Reason being that I've received occasional comments about the very tight spacing and even I admit that it _does_ seem a bit too close. I'm thinking perhaps a point or two lower would suffice.

If you don't see it the same way, leave it alone.

Remember, as I often tell folks, being a tech writer is truly thankless: while it's common for folks to call and gush about how well this or that product looks, works or feels, the only time we (generally speaking) get feedback is when typos, missing punctuation, bad spellings, etc, occur. Oh, and when the original poorly written (usually non-U.S.) documentation is shipped because it's deemed "good enough".

Once in awhile, when casually discussing occupations with others and I mention that I'm a technical writer, I'm sometimes asked, "Do you write fiction?" Those who have seen some of my previous rants here will understand when I sometimes I say "Yes."

-- Ken in Atlanta