Using a backslash (\) in Hypertext marker

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Mon May 5 12:01:11 PDT 2014

A few issues here:

First, FrameMaker is actually behaving exactly as designed when you type the strings you mention. When you are in the marker window, you are typing in a dialog box, and FrameMaker follows the rules that are documented in "Appendix A: Typing in dialog boxes" in the FrameMaker manual. The table that in that appendix lists the code for typing a double dagger as "\Shift+d", and for a florin as "\Shift+f", which is exactly what you've typed.

Second, I assume that you intend \D and \F to be drive identifiers? I don't think this will work because I believe that hypertext markers expect Unix-style pathnames, not Windows-style.

And since drive letter mappings are local to each machine in the Windows world, there's the potential that these drive letters could be mapped differently on other users' systems, which would break the links.

-Fred Ridder