Using a backslash (\) in Hypertext marker

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Mon May 5 12:20:34 PDT 2014

Normally, a backslash followed by another character is treated as an "escape" mechanism for the subsequent character.

So, "\Dabc" for example, gives you a double dagger before the characters "abc", etc. This is completely normal behavior from FrameMaker's perspective.

If you truly want a path to contain "\Dabc", you need to enter it in the dialog window as "\\Dabc", so that the double back-slash gets converted to a single one later when that folder is accessed later.

However, a better question is "do you really want a backslash in a path"? Non-Windows systems may have difficulty with this since it would not be a folder separator for those OS's.

So (without knowing what you are seeking to do here), I would recommend using a single forward-slash "/" instead. If you are using this as a delimiter for a folder name, that is. In Windows systems, this should get treated as a folder delimiter ... as far as I know.