Keyboard shortcut for closing pods

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Wed May 7 05:40:46 PDT 2014

The problem with the suggestion of using two or three Escapes in a row is
that it could well break all the OTHER keyboard shortcuts that use the Esc
key. Also, if you are mis-entering a keyboard shortcut, pressing Esc a
couple of times resets the sequence so you can start over again. I think
Esc Pc is unused, though, at least as of FM 11.

Lin

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 4:31 AM, Shmuel Wolfson <shmuelw1 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I just submitted the feature request below to Adobe. I'm posting this to
> the Framers list to get some feedback from others in hopes that Adobe will
> actually do something about it.
> If you agree with my, please post a comment on the list or on Adobe's
> feedback for here:
> https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform
>
> *******BUG*******
> *Concise problem statement: No easy keyboard shortcut to minimize or close
> pods.*
>
> *... Expected results: It would be a great time saver if pressing the
> Escape key twice without pause would minimize the last used pod, and
> pressing the Escape key three times without pause would close the pod. This
> is for all the pods, Cross-Reference, Find/Change, etc. The other option
> would be just to make pressing the Escape key twice close the pod, which to
> me would be second best, but far better than the current situation which
> requires clicking on a small icon to minimize or close a pod.*
>

> --
> Shmuel Wolfson
> Technical Writer
> 052-763-7133