Anything I should know before upgrading to TCS5?

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Thu May 8 10:23:24 PDT 2014

Last year I opted to subscribe to the Adobe Creative Cloud for
$29.99/month promotional. That has now jumped to $49.99/month, but it
provides access to every Adobe product I could want, including
Photoshop and Illustrator. But those products were part of TCS4, so
some people who already have them may simply choose not to upgrade
them. I will not, however, relinquish my perpetual license to
Framemaker until Adobe forces me to. I think my sole reason for
wanting to upgrade this time is because I want to make sure that when
Adobe decides to force the Framemaker subscription, I have the most
current licensed version loaded because it will probably be the last
upgrade I make. So I guess as long as Adobe dangles the threat of
forcing a Framemaker subscription, I'll continue to shell out the
bucks to maintain my perpetual license. That is a good marketing strategy, eh?

So far only one response to my question about upgrade gotchas. So am
I to assume that everyone who has upgraded to TCS5 and FM12 had an
uneventful upgrade experience?

Carol