FrameMaker 8 to a Newer Version

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Fri May 16 08:21:25 PDT 2014

I wish I had a copy of FrameMaker 8, it is in many ways superior to
later versions, especially if you prefer keyboard shortcuts to the
mouse. Adobe layered a badly designed UI on top in FM9, the new UI
broke a lot of things, they never fixed them. They've added some
useful features but fundamentally it hasn't changed much since FM8
(which does have Unicode support).

People are successfully running FM8 on Windows 7, personally I'd try
it before switching to a newer version.