FrameMaker 8 to a Newer Version

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Wed May 21 08:53:26 PDT 2014

What kind of XML will you have to produce and what plugins are not working?

FrameMaker doesn't really have templates. You just open an .fm or
.book file in a newer version and it's converted. I've opened FM6 in
FM10 without problems.

We use the word "template" loosely to mean the character and paragraph
tags, stuff on the Master and Reference pages, etc. (everything that
can be imported other than content).