Pagination Suddenly Changes to "Make Page Count..."

Karen Robbins karendesign at gmail.com
Thu May 29 14:58:56 PDT 2014

Hi Framers,

The files in a given book have pagination set to "Delete Empty Pages" and
have always been set this way. Suddenly, they have changed themselves to
"Make Page Count Even" or in a few cases "...Odd." After I reset
pagination, often when I look at it again it's changed back to the wrong
setting! Although this spurious behavior has happened before, it was in the
long-distant past; I use these files at least quarterly and they've been
fine for years.

What would cause these behaviors and how do I stop them? Is "Don't Change
Page Count" the proper setting--will that force me to manually remove
extraneous empty pages that may appear at the end of every file?

Yet another grand waste of time to fix at deadline. :-(

Thanks for any thoughts,

Karen