Consistent Conditional Text (K Grace)

Yvonne DeGraw ydegraw at ydegraw.com
Sat Nov 8 13:58:03 PST 2014

In Frame, choose View > Text Symbols. That lets you see the paragraph
marks at the end of your paragraphs and list items. It sounds like
you are conditionalizing the text but not the end of paragraph
characters. The ones you didn't conditionalize will show up as black
even when your conditionalized text is colored.

I generally edit with Text Symbols showing almost all the time in
both Frame and Word.

>Does anyone have a list of rules of thumb when using conditional
>text ?  I When I mark the text the results that I get when I turn
>the conditions on or off are inconsistent.  For example if I have a
>bulleted list and I only want certain bullets to appear under
>certain conditions when I hide the condition the bullet remains
>(i.e., I am left with a bullet and no text) when I want both the
>text and the bullet to be removed if the bulleted item is not
>supposed to show up.  Another such occurrence is if I select a
>paragraph that is conditional and I hide the condition the paragraph
>is removed but the spacing between the preceding and following
>paragraphs is not adjusted properly.

Yvonne DeGraw
ydegraw at ydegraw.com
805-683-5784