Consistent Conditional Text

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 10 08:02:06 PST 2014

There is a fairly easy workaround that I used to use in FM7, when I was using conditional text *a lot*. It's been a while since I've used conditional text more than occasionally, so I can't guarantee it still works.

Basically, if you press Enter in the middle of a conditionalized paragraph, the new pilcrow *will* be conditional. The problem is only wen the insertion point immediately precedes the pilcrow. So the workaround it to enter a space and then use the cursor key to move to the left of the space before you press Enter. That way, there is conditinal content on both sides of the IP, and the new pilcrow will have the condition applied to it.

-Fred Ridder