FM 12 - Table row delete issue

Michael Norton mnorton at openspan.com
Wed Nov 19 07:23:10 PST 2014

Has anyone else run into this?

1.       Opened a document

2.       Pasted in a table from an Outlook email (a simple 2 column/12 row table)

3.       Began reformatting the table

-          Applied style

-          Applied tags

-          Added a header row

-          Drag/drop the heading text into the new header row

-          Highlighted old header row (now empty)

o   If I right-click and choose Cut, the Cut Table Cells dialog appears. I choose Remove Cells from Table and FM deletes that row. All is well.

o   If I press Delete, FrameMaker hangs.

I'm guessing that the Cut Table Cells dialog is displayed, but not brought into focus. Since I cannot get to the Cut Table Cells dialog to specify whether I want to clear the contents of the cells or delete the cells, FM is effectively hung and I have to kill it via Task Manager.

I'm using FrameMaker version 12.0.3.424 on a Windows 7 machine.