Insets and Tables: container paragraphs with no additional spacing

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 13:20:40 PDT 2014

I like to use my cursor keys to scroll from table to table, and putting
each table anchor in its own paragraph lets me do that. If they're all on
the same line, pressing the up or down arrow once pops you to the beginning
or end of all of the tables that are anchored in the same line. I do a lot
of documents with hundreds of tables that are one right after the other, so
having an anchor anywhere but on its own line becomes a nuisance.

Putting all the anchors in the same line also makes it much difficult to
select just one table, since unless you are VERY disciplined about putting
a space between them, FM drops the anchors on top of each other. And
(again) if you have a lot of them, even using just a small space between
can make the anchors wrap to another line (or three or four), which messes
up your spacing all over again but for a different reason.

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 3:53 PM, Stuart Rogers <
srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com> wrote:

>  On 2014-Oct-02 3:23 PM, Robert Lauriston wrote:
>
> What is the benefit of putting a table anchor in its own paragraphs
> instead of putting the anchor at the end of the preceding paragraph?
>
> I've inherited lots of documents that do things like that and it
> seemed to me like pointless busywork, but the people who set up the
> templates were long gone so I couldn't ask for their rationale.
>
> On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Stuart Rogers<srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com> <srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com> wrote:
>
>  If you prefer to have your tables in dedicated paragraphs ...
>

> It gives you greater control over spacing and positioning, without having
> to override the preceding paragraph's tag settings.
>
> --
> Stuart Rogers
> Technical Communicator
> Phoenix Geophysics Limited
> 3781 Victoria Park Avenue, Unit 3
> Toronto, ON, Canada  M1W 3K5+1 (416) 491-7340 x 325
> http://www.phoenix-geophysics.com

> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/ljsims.ml%40gmail.com

Lin Sims