What are the steps to accessing a file

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Thu Oct 2 13:57:53 PDT 2014

If you're talking about doing a find and replace across a .book with
none of the .fm files open, my impression is that it iterates through
the files as follows:

- create .lck file
- read file into memory
- make changes
- write to disk
- delete .lck file

I think that's one of those FM features that is so old that it should
be avoided.