What free Windows text editor should I use to look at MIF files?

Scott Prentice sp14 at leximation.com
Mon Oct 6 11:39:40 PDT 2014

Since this discussion has morphed a bit .. I'll add a bit more to the
MIF/XML thread. When XML came around I always thought how nice it would
be to be able to convert between MIF and XML. Since MIF does have some
similarities with XML, it seemed like a reasonable thing to do. So in
2003 I created the beginning of what has become MIFML (the XML
representation of a MIF file).

     http://leximation.com/tools/mifml/

I developed a DTD that maps all MIF 7 statements to comparable XML
structures (including embedded graphics to some degree), then created a
command line utility to perform the conversion from MIF to MIFML and
back. This utility and the DTD are freely available from the URL above.

I haven't touched this code in years, so it's stuck at MIF7 level,
although that should still work reasonably well.

Cheers,

...scott