. PDF query

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Mon Oct 20 07:56:10 PDT 2014

On 10/20/2014 3:33 AM, Denis Daly wrote:
> We will eventually wish to send to a print company though. I hope Adobe are able to fix this bug.

Here are a few tips if you plan to send to a print company:

1. Use EPS or PDF graphics. FrameMaker normally passes everything
through the Windows GDI, which converts CMYK graphics back to RGB. EPS
and PDF graphics are passed around the GDI, unchanged.

2. In maker.ini, set GetLibraryColorRGBFromCMYK=None. This gives the
best match of screen and PDF colors.

3. In Distiller, check the color management settings of your PDF Preset
(.joboptions file). For Settings> Edit Adobe PDF Settings> Color Tab>
Color Management Policies, do not set "Tag Everything for Color
Management." This can cause text to print as four colors instead of
black only.

Hope that helps.

Mike Wickham