OT: Spoke to soon. Adobe customer support is back up to its shenanigans. Anyone from Adobe monitoring this list???????

Tammy Van Boening tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com
Wed Oct 22 14:30:58 PDT 2014

If anyone at Adobe is monitoring this list and reads this email, customer
support would be sincerely appreciated.

My client purchased a retail license for Framemaker 10.  After the purchase,
and installation, my client set up an Adobe account with an email and a
password. My client attempted to use this email and password to access their
Adobe account today. The email was from the business email of the VP of
Software  Development that is no longer at the company. When my client
entered this email and password, a dialog opened stating that because of
security issues, that a new password had to be created for the account and
that an automatic email with a temporary password with the proper
instructions was being sent to the email address on file for the account.
Well, this obviously won't work as this email is for a person who no  longer
works at the company. It's now an invalid email. I got on the phone with
Adobe support and Ashish stated that all I had to do was have an email sent
that came from my client's address (i.e., username at clientcompany.com) that
requested a reset of the email address for the account.  We did that. Well,
come to find out, now Adobe is digging in its heels saying that my client
has to fill out a License Transfer form that asks for all this crap that
such as the End-User ID, etc. Say what? We are NOT transferring the friggin'
license. We are just trying to reset the email address for a valid account.
The friggin' license is staying with the company. The company purchased the
license, not the VP of Software.  And Adobe is saying that this the one and
only shot that we get at this, otherwise, they license becomes invalid . . .
Again, my client purchased the perpetual license and it is still valid. We
just need to change the email address on the account.

Any advice from anyone on this list? I swear to G_D that Adobe Customer
Support is an oxymoron and exists only to hassle, harangue and just plain
hack off its customer base.

TIA,

TVB