Mixed Structured / Unstructured and xrefs

Scott Prentice sp14 at leximation.com
Thu Oct 30 14:29:19 PDT 2014

Lin...

It's likely breaking because the cross-refs are linking to "elements" in
the original files, then when you paste into an unstructured file, there
are no elements to link to. You'd need to run some process before
pasting into the unstructured file which iterates over all cross-refs
and relinks them to paras or markers instead of elements.

I know you said not to ask .. but I'm not sure why you're converting the
structured files into unstructured files. It's OK to have a book that
contains both types of files (may not be a "best practice" but should
work). As long as you're dealing with FM binary files, not XML files,
you can mix and match as needed. Have you tried just adding the
structured files to the book? You will need to enable the structured
interface in FM in order to do this, but that should not have any
adverse effect on your files. It's perfectly fine to edit unstructured
files in the structured interface.

Hope that helps.

...scott