[EXTERNAL]RE: My work-flow for dealing with backups from FrameMaker--getting rid of backups

Sharp, Amy Amy.Sharp at conocophillips.com
Tue Sep 16 12:33:41 PDT 2014

Syed,
Good stuff. This is why it's so nice to have a little DOS in your pocket so you can customize it for the way you work.

Jaime,
Are you copying *.*? That copies everything. I don't know of an exclusionary command with copy, but it may exist-I'm not an expert, I just troll the web until I find what I need. ;-)

For now, to copy everything except *.bat, you would need to specify only the file types to be copied, as in *.fm, *.backup.fm, *.backup.book, *.log, etc.

For example:
Copy *.backup.fm *.backup.book *.log  *.pdf .\ProjectBackup\

Amy Sharp
Geophysical Technical Writer
ConocoPhillips Co.
MO1050