Example of a good Accessory User Guide

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 17 02:52:39 PDT 2015

At 09:19 +0000 17/4/15, Denis Daly wrote:

>Would anyone have a good example of an effective template of a user guide for an accessory, please?

Without meaning to be critical, Denis, your question isn't really answerable as it stands. What sort of accessory, and for what? Is there anything on the thing for which the accessory is an accessory for? Do you need to match that?

Looking at your company's website, it seems that you are involved in ordnance detection and disposal. That's a pretty specialized and technical field and would, I imagine, involve many legal requirements for hazmat warnings and so forth. Doesn't your company have an already-defined set of documentation guidelines, look-and-feel and/or templates?

If you can provide more details, maybe someone on this list can give you some leads. Aside from that, unstructured FrameMaker template construction isn't hard, but if you want to start with something that will stand the test of time you might consider involving a document designer. It's a big field, which starts with the document end-users' requirements, delivery media and so on.

--
Steve