What FM plugin suite give the most bang?

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Thu Apr 23 13:00:05 PDT 2015

Hi Art,

I don't think the compiling of the scripts is an issue; it is getting FrameScript itself installed. IT may balk at him installing a third-party scripting plugin without a specific use-case. They may see the ability to script FrameMaker as a security threat. As I suggested before, I think he may already have the solution under his nose: ExtendScript should be installed with his FrameMaker 11 installation. Now he just needs some clandestine scripts to work with; nothing to install, but some simple ExtendScript scripts that he can run to help with his productivity. As far as IT goes, he is just using FrameMaker with the tools that it was installed with.

Rick