Importing Formats - Why don't all Character Formats convert?

Linda Garneau Linda.Garneau at CrossMatch.com
Thu Apr 30 08:09:04 PDT 2015

Robert, I think you just answered our question. The answer is NO, I did not have the While Updating Remove: "Other Format/Layout Overrides" box checked in the Import Formats dialog box. That makes perfect sense. Hopefully, this will do it! :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: robert.lauriston at gmail.com [mailto:robert.lauriston at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Robert Lauriston
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2015 11:02 AM
To: Linda Garneau; framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Importing Formats - Why don't all Character Formats convert?

Have you tried checking the remove overrides option? If a paragraph has manual formatting and you don't check that option, the manual formatting will remain.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 7:35 AM, Linda Garneau <Linda.Garneau at crossmatch.com> wrote:
> ... When converting styles from a new template into a current document, it seems to work perfectly, except not all the Character Formats carry over.
>
> For example, the Paragraph tag within a chapter file would all be the same for Head1, but the character format for that tag converts correctly for some headings and not others. I then have to manually fix the other headings and Update All. ...

This message, including any attachments, may contain confidential, proprietary, inside and/or legally privileged information. Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then permanently delete it from your system.  You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Cross Match Technologies, Inc., DigitalPersona and the DigitalPersona logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cross Match Technologies, Inc and DigitalPersona, Inc. in the United States and other countries.