Update All for Paragraph Tags in TOC

Linda Garneau Linda.Garneau at CrossMatch.com
Thu Apr 30 08:44:00 PDT 2015

I'm going to get back to you all once I clean this up. Going to try and get the guy who created the template in here to help me out.

I'll be back...

-----Original Message-----
From: robert.lauriston at gmail.com [mailto:robert.lauriston at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Robert Lauriston
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2015 11:35 AM
To: Linda Garneau; framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Update All for Paragraph Tags in TOC

This is pretty confusing because neither templates nor TOCs are properly documented.

1. Make a backup of the project if you don't have one already.
2. Open the book and delete the TOC from the book. (Delete any other generated files, such as IX.) 3. Delete the TOC file (and any other generated files) from disk.
4. Import the template to all files and update. Fix any errors and clean up as necessary.
5. Add > Table of Contents ...

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 8:02 AM, Linda Garneau <Linda.Garneau at crossmatch.com> wrote:

> Okay, so here’s what I did:
>

> 1.       Place copy of old template TOC file somewhere outside the folder (just in case)
>
> 2.       Drop new template TOC file into directory with other files and rename it to the previous file name used for the TOC in that book
>
> 3.       Confirm that chapter names and headings in chapter files align with TOC headings in new template.
>
> 4.       Make sure there is no TOC file in the open Framemaker book (if so, delete it)
>
> 5.       You should now see an “Add” feature in the menu bar.
>
> 6.       Click on “Add” and select Table of Contents.
>
> 7.       In the dialog box, move over the items you want to appear in the TOC. Be sure to include the Index Title TOC. Click on “Add.”
>
> 8.       Another dialog box will appear to update the entire book. Click “Update.”
>

> The disappointing result was I got a blank page, and all the other book files appeared to be corrupted as well. L I closed the book without saving the files. Ugggh, what did I do wrong??

This message, including any attachments, may contain confidential, proprietary, inside and/or legally privileged information. Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then permanently delete it from your system.  You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Cross Match Technologies, Inc., DigitalPersona and the DigitalPersona logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cross Match Technologies, Inc and DigitalPersona, Inc. in the United States and other countries.