Basic question: Book revision best practices

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Thu Feb 5 09:41:06 PST 2015

Tim, I agree entirely with Rick.

I like to leave a directory/folder with all the files (including the output PDF) of older versions, so that I can refer to/recreate them later as needed - questions about prior versions of documents do arise.

Being able to compare files (to see what changed from version B to version F) is often useful too.

The names of the books and the files stay unchanged as a result of this approach.

(FWIW though, I am thinking of switching to GIT for this purpose in the future. Then, I can recreate any released version as needed, rather than having a separated directory/folder for each.)