Basic question: Book revision best practices

Adam Hollett Adam.Hollett at solacesystems.com
Thu Feb 5 09:58:41 PST 2015

As others have mentioned, switching to a version control system with revision history might be a wise choice. It takes a lot of the manual work out of keeping track of versions. Maintaining a separate folder for each release can quickly get overwhelming, especially when you have to port changes back to old versions.

Subversion<https://subversion.apache.org/> or Git<http://git-scm.com/> would be good options to look into.